If you are interested, I am available to come to your school or community to present on the following topics (for posts that describe my views, click on the word):
- Rethinking Awards, Rewards, and Punishment – Student motivation and student discipline
- Assessment – moving toward Assessment FOR Learning
- Parent Engagement/Involvement – moving toward working WITH parents and families
- Social Media and Rethinking Professional Learning – personal and staff development
- Strength/Passion-based Teaching and Leadership – focusing on the strengths and passions of our students and staff
To access all my presentations, click here. To view slides of specific presentations, click the title.
- presented to the admin team in Fraser-Cascade School District in November, 2010
- presented at Edcamp Vancouver in April, 2011
- presented to the leaders in the Chilliwack (SD #33) School District in October, 2011
- presented and facilitated discussion at Edcamp Fraser Valley in December, 2011
- presented to pre-service teachers at University of Fraser Valley in January, 2012
- presented to elementary school principals and teachers at the National Association of Elementary School Principals Conference in March, 2012
- used to facilitate discussion with grade 5 and 6 students at Kent Elementary in May, 2012
- presentations at the 2012 district sumer professional development day in Fraser-Cascade School District
- focused on relationships, learning, sharing, and stories.
- presentation to the education technology students at the University of Victoria in September 2012
- for the blackboard collaborate archive of the presentation, please click here
- presentation at the 2012 BC Principals and Vice Principals Connected Leaders annual conference in October 2012
- shared concerns with awards, rewards, punishment and stories of how a school moved away from them
- presentation for the MOOC series “Leadership 2.0: A Collaborative Learning Opportunity for School Leaders” initiated by George Couros
- online Blackboard Collaborate recording coming soon
I would love the opportunity to connect with you and your school community. For more information, please email me.