If you are interested, I am available to come to your school or community to present on the following topics (for blog posts that describe my views, click on the link):
- Rethinking Awards, Rewards, and Punishment – Student motivation and student discipline
- Social Media and Rethinking Professional Learning - personal and staff professional development using social media
- Strength/Passion-based Teaching and Leadership - focusing on the strengths and passions of our students and staff
- Parent Engagement/Involvement - moving toward working WITH parents and families
- Assessment – moving toward Assessment FOR Learning
- Education Reform – the WHY and HOW of educational change
To access all my presentations, click here. To view slides of specific presentations, click the title.
- April 2014 keynote presentation for the BCTF North Central Region Annual Conference in Prince George, BC. How focusing on strengths, interests and confidence can lead to more growth and engagement of our students… and help create more positive stories and identities of our students in school.
- February 2014 Pecha-Kucha style presentation at the Simon Fraser University Technology Symposium keying on how Twitter can lead to connections that challenge and help us grow.
- November 2013 presentation at the BC Confederation of Parent Advisory Councils fall leadership conference. Leading with the WHY of parent communication, different tools are shared and explored to personalize parent communication to meet them where they are.
- October 2013 presentation for the annual global online education conference “Reform Symposium”. Sharing stories of how schools are creating time and resources for teachers and staff to innovate, tinker with ideas and explore their passions.
- June 2013 keynote presentation at the 2013 e-learning conference in Lafayette, Indiana. Sharing stories and thoughts on how connected educators are using social media and creating the narrative that is driving real education reform.
- April 2013 presentation/workshop given to the staff of Rosedale Traditional Community School on how social media can help the staff connect within the school as well as throughout the world.
- March 2013 webinar presentation for Education Week as part of their series “The Driven Classroom”.
- Focusing on creating the conditions for student motivation at a school level.
- Key aspects of presentation are growth mindset, assessment for learning, moving away from rewards and awards
- presentation facilitated with the parents of the Agassiz community in January 2013
- focusing on the benefits and concerns of social media; designed to initiate dialogue on how to work with out youth to best navigate the world of social media
- presentation for the online series “Parents as Partners” with Lorna Constantini in November 2012
- recorded online Blackboard Collaborate session can be accessed here
- presentation for the MOOC series “Leadership 2.0: A Collaborative Learning Opportunity for School Leaders” initiated by George Couros
- online Blackboard Collaborate recording coming soon
- presentation at the 2012 BC Principals and Vice Principals Connected Leaders annual conference in October 2012
- shared concerns with awards, rewards, punishment and stories of how a school moved away from them
- presentation to the education technology students at the University of Victoria in September 2012
- for the blackboard collaborate archive of the presentation, please click here
- presentations at the 2012 district sumer professional development day in Fraser-Cascade School District
- focused on relationships, learning, sharing, and stories.
- invited lecture/presentation at the 2012 Simon Fraser University Summer Institute
- for a video of the 60 minute presentation, click here.
- used to facilitate discussion with grade 5 and 6 students at Kent Elementary in May, 2012
- presented to elementary school principals and teachers at the National Association of Elementary School Principals Conference in March, 2012
- presented to pre-service teachers at University of Fraser Valley in January, 2012
- presented and facilitated discussion at Edcamp Fraser Valley in December, 2011
- presented to the leaders in the Chilliwack (SD #33) School District in October, 2011
- presented to the admin team in Fraser-Cascade School District in November, 2010
- presented at Edcamp Vancouver in April, 2011
I would love the opportunity to connect with you and your school community. For more information, please email me.